Holy Cow the time has flown by! Eli you are now six very big months old! You and just growing and growing. Right now while I type you are in the bouncy seat trying to jump out! You are such a wiggle worm.
Weight: 13 lbs. 7.5 oz.
Length: 24 inches
You are totally average for a three month old baby! Still really small for a six month old, but that is to be expected! Here is what else you are up to.
- You love to move.
- You always want to be sitting up and facing the room so you can see all that is going on.
- You like to stand, but the doctor told us you are not allowed to yet. (preemies apparently have stronger back muscles than full term babies which makes them want to stand rather than sit.)
- You are chatty chatty chatty. Especially in the morning.
- You fall asleep to mommy’s singing.
- You get comments on your long eyelashes from everyone who sees you.
- You grin constantly.
- You have laughed a few times and I can tell you are about to bust out the box with laughter very soon.
- You have discovered your hands and just today discovered your feet.
- You sleep 11 hours a night! Mommy loves that!
- You only use your pacifier every once in a while, but you are really content without it.
- You are great in the car.
- You are wearing 3-6 month clothing.
- Your 3 month clothes are just a bit to snug.
- Tummy time isn’t your favorite, but you are learning to enjoy it.
- You are slowly learning to reach for things.
- Your sneezes are the cutest thing ever.
- Every once in awhile you like to fake cough and it makes me laugh.
- You really enjoy baths and I think that the splashing will soon get very out of hand.
- You really like to chew on fabric, like your burp clothes, blankets, bibs, your shirt collars, and your stroller.
- I think you look more like daddy now, except when you smile. I think you look more like me when you are grinning. Daddy and I talk often about how we feel like we are beginning to see little hints of what you will look like when you are an adult.
Above all else you should know that you are loved and cherished beyond words. I pray for you every day and I dream huge dreams for you. You can be anything you want to be and I will support and love you to the best of my abilities.