This post is a little late because of being in Indiana for Grandma’s funeral, but accurate none the less.
Eli you are now 7 months old! I took you to the doctor for a cold so I happen to know your weight. If it were not for that I would have to guess. Grandma Janelle has told me that I would grow in spurts, out then up. I am thinking that you are doing the same.
Weight: 14 lbs. 13 oz. (almost 15 lbs.!!!!!)
Length: around 24 to 25 inches.
You are still very average, but it is funny when we are in public everyone has an opinion and I mean everyone! Some think you are big, others think you are small, but dad and I know you are just perfect!
- You love to laugh. You think it is so funny when you get startled or people get really close to your face.
- Mommy is great at tickling you.
- You are ticklish under your armpits and in your thighs.
- Your tickle laugh and your “that’s funny” laugh are very different.
- You are still sleeping through the night wonderfully. Even when we went to California!
- You are a slobber monster. You have not cut any teeth yet, but you are for sure beginning the process because there is a lot of slobber.
- You love to chew on fabric. Really anything you can get into your mouth you like. You haven’t quit figured out that your hands can bring stuff to your mouth, but you know every once in awhile.
- You are in a size 2 diaper. I still like to put you in Huggies snugglers.
- You wear 3-6 month clothing, but you can wear some 6-9 months.
- You went swimming for the first time in Gigi and Pa’s pool in Florida and you thought it was pretty fun.
- You can rollover from your belly to your back and you are trying so hard to roll from your back to your stomach. Daddy and I know you will do it before your next month rolls around.
- You love to stand-up, but we can’t let you do it as much as you would like because the doctor’s want you to sit.
- You are close to sitting up on your own. You love to sit on my lap and hold my hands to keep your balance.
- You got a big boy car seat. It is a convertible car seat. A Britax Marathon. You rode in Gigi’s while we were in Florida and you loved it. We got you one before we went to Indiana for Grandma Emily’s funeral.
- You have started reaching for things in front of you and grabbing onto things and holding on.
- You are spitting up much less often and you eat really well.
- You eat five ounces five times a day.
- You love your swing. Sometimes I let you take a nap in it per Hannah’s suggestion.
- You sit in your Bumbo while I make your bottles and you think you are something else helping me.
All that to say, Mommy and Daddy are very proud of you. We talk about you all the time and we are constantly watching you in awe of how much we love you. We hope to give you every opportunity in this world so that you can be anything you want to be.
I started your pictures this month with a pillow behind you because that is what I have done in all the previous months. I then remembered you can sit up with a little support on the sides. I took the pillow away and it made me a little sad because even little things like that make you more of a big boy.