I have been inspired by everyone’s goals and dreams verses their resolutions. I guess it is the same concept, but I like the lingo of goals and dreams over resolutions. It is just me being weird I know, but it works for me.
I will be turning 30 this year and I am looking forward to it! I have a good life and I want this year to be my best thus far. With that in mind I have set some very reachable goals. SMART goals if you will…Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time Bound.
They are as follows:
- Eat at home 5 nights a week. I want it to be intentional family time around a table. Our little boy is growing up before my eyes and I want to cherish it.
- Entertain in our home once a month. Dinner for friends. It doesn’t have to be fancy, but I want my home to be filled with people again!
- Finish the major changes on the house. This includes painting all the rooms, hanging curtains, and renovate the bathrooms. This seems like a lot, but I want it done by the end of March so I better start moving!
- Have a giant yard sale in the spring! This has to happen! I have so so so so so much stuff to get rid of. We have been putting things in storage for the last three years ever since we had Eli and moved into the dorm. I want to clean it all out and live clutter free!
- Go to the gym three days a week. This is good. Get my fat butt moving. Start off small at first and work my way up.
- Keep a food journal. I got an awesome May Book (If you are looking for a way to get your rear in gear these are great for that! They are so cute and functional as well.) for myself at Christmas and have stuck to it for this week and really like the accountability. The reality is if I cheat I am only cheating myself. I need to be better for me and no one else.
- Try one new recipe a month. I would like to say more, but I know how my life works. One a month is good and maybe I can even top it.
- Lastly, I want to blog once a week about a project, a home improvement task, a recipe, or just something happening in the Wilkinson’s house. I can do that and I need to! Keep me accountable people!
Good luck to you all on your goals! What is the goal you have set that you think will be easiest and what goal do you think will be most difficult?